Tuesday 31 May 2011

Open letter from the Chairman

EMAIL SENT TO THE TEAM LEADER OF AYLESBURY VALE HIGHWAYS OPERATIONS SIMON DUDLEY BY THE CHAIRMAN OF CHEARSLEY PARISH COUNCIL (SDUDLEY@BUCKSCC.GOV.UK )

FRIDAY 27TH MAY 2011

Hi Simon

We have not spoken before but would welcome your support on a highway matter that is concerning and frustrating me considerably, and has left me with a large number of folks both in the village and outside questioning why the main road works between Chearsley and Cuddington have not been sorted by now ??,

This matter was originally scheduled for April (discussed in February ) and I now understand will not be completed until July ....................How is this possible as I believe we were, if not top of the pile then close to it ??!!

I have regular calls from both motorists and cyclists alike and last week was confronted by an angry Mother who was cycling from Chearsley to Cuddington only to have her young daughter in tears as a result of swerving into the bank from the closeness of a passing motorist who was trying to dodge the uneven surface.

I have been patient on this matter and understand we are not the only village in the area with issues , but in all my driving around  the lanes of the local area radius (3 miles) I cannot find anywhere a more deserving case !!?

Please can you have this stretch of road repaired swiftly ?

Best Regards

Nic Brown
Chair of the Parish Council