Monday 27 October 2008

A Cautionary Tale

from Andy Yorke, our Motoring Correspondent

Last Saturday, 25th October, I forgot to lock my car after a shopping trip, but my car was parked on our drive at South Mead, Bernards Close. Somewhere between midnight and 6.00am on Sunday morning, someone entered my car and stole my Snooper 4 speed warning device which is fitted to the windscreen - much like a satellite navigation system. Nothing else was take but the interior, including the boot, were well and truly turned over to see if there was anything else of value. The upsetting thing is that I am sure we have all forgotten to lock our cars at one time or another but always felt safe in the knowledge this sort of thing doesn’t happen in our village - especially if, like us, the car is on your driveway at the end of a hidden cul-de-sac.

Please, if anyone offers to sell you such a device, contact Thame Police and make sure you don’t make the same mistake as me!