Monday 19 December 2016

Village News

with Margaret Morbey

Carol singing round the village
Come and join in a hearty sing song of carols round the village on Tuesday 20 and Wednesday 21 evenings. Meet at the bus stop at 6.30pm and look forward to refreshments afterwards. 2 charities of DEBRA and The Cystic Fibrosis Trust, which have associations with two Chearsley young people , will benefit from the donations.

Shop Hours
Opening hours at the shop have altered somewhat since I spoke to Jeyan. It is planned for the shop to be open from 8am until 8pm until Christmas, when it will be closed for two days. From December 27 to January 5 in the New Year, it will open at 8 am but close from 11am to 3pm, and re-open at 3 until 6pm (or 8pm) But things might change .. ! This might not be very helpful and it might be better to hope the shop will be open when you need it, but not be surprised if it isn’t. Please however be understanding, as finding staff while Jeyan and Sugi are away visiting their relatives this Christmas is very difficult and they truly deserve their time away from their shops.

Thank you and Happy Christmas
Thank you to everyone who tells me they appreciate the news I put on the Chearsley website. I have found this very heartening when it is difficult to find any! I would also like to apologise when I get things wrong, but I do my best. As some of you who are also readers of the Bucks Herald will already know, I will no longer be contributing to the Neighbourhood News in 2017 due to a “change of policy” by The Bucks Herald , but I will try to continue to keep up the Chearsley news in the New Year and with help from villagers try to keep news circulating of forthcoming village events.
Anyone who would like information of any sort broadcast on the blog can ring me on 208913 or email me at margmorb@mail.com. As I will now go to ground with family festivities until the New Year, I wish everyone a Very Happy Christmas and a Very Happy 2017.

Refuse Collections : Wednesday December 21 : when the general refuse bins and food bins will be collected. The next collection will be Thursday December 29 for the recycling bins and food bins. After that, our normal collection days are unaffected.

Christmas at St Nicholas:
Diary Dates:
  • Tuesday December 20 Carol Singing round the village. Meet at 6.30 at the bus stop.
  • Wednesday December 21 Carol singing round the village and in The Bell.
  • Tuesday January 3 Bingo At The Bell.