Friday 7 February 2020

Chearsley Good Neighbour Scheme

After discussions with Alicia Howard and John Lewis, I am in the process of setting up a scheme to assist those in Chearsley who need lifts to attend medical appointments. I hope to be able to have this up and running by the end of March.

I am happy to be the telephone contact for those who need lifts and to coordinate this initially, on an informal, neighbourly basis.

First of all, I will need some volunteers to offer to drive, and then I can set up a WhatsApp group to contact everyone. If drivers don’t use WhatsApp yet, it is easy to set up on a mobile phone, and would seem a good way to start. Otherwise contact can be through phone calls and emails.

I understand that most insurance companies are happy to provide cover for this voluntary help, at no extra charge, but drivers would have to check their own cover.

Please do contact me if you feel you would be able to assist with this, or if you are able to help me with arrangements and provide back up when I am away.

Susan Olding

Home number 01844 201134
Mobile number 07960275920
email Susan@chearsley.com