Sunday 20 June 2021

Village Update

 

  • Theft of lawn mowing equipment from Village Green 
  • Reports of a suspicious individual roaming the allotment and house driveways
  • June Parish Council Meeting
  • Communication from the PM by Gilly Hall Travers

Theft of lawn mowing equipment

Unfortunately there has been more theft in the village. Graham King had a lawnmower and a strimmer stolen at around 1.20pm  on Saturday June19. He was cutting some of the village grass and left a spare mower and strimmer unattended for a couple of minutes next to his van and that was long enough. His van was parked on the grass by the black and white (retro) Chearsley multi-direction sign on the junction at the bottom of Chilton Rd. He’s reported it. If anyone saw anyone or anything unusual at this time please report to the local CPSO Danny Fahy at danny.fahy@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk

Suspicious Individual ?

Also on Saturday, but at 10pm, an unknown man was spotted going into the allotment, then going into the driveways of the new houses nearby and was then last seen heading down Church Lane. He was around 30 wearing a black hat, black coat and trousers and had a dark beard. When challenged he said he was from Cuddington and just looking for unregistered land(?). This has been reported to the local CPSO. Given the amount of petty theft being reported in Chearsley and neighbouring villages please keep your levels of vigilance and security high.

June Parish Council Meeting

This will be held at 7.30 on Monday June 21 and will be live streamed on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7_vGKsZjEo. Please send comments, information or questions to chearsleypc@chearsley.com

Communication from the PM by Gilly Hall Travers

"Boris and I met on the set of Have I For News For You when he was our Christmas host and I was the Executive Producer. When we chatted in the Green Room after the show we discovered we had both studied Classics at University. Boris at Balliol, Oxford Classical Philosophy and Ancient Literature and myself at Royal Holloway

Latin and Ancient Greek.

 

So I sent Boris a copy of my Cookery Book 'Italian and Roman Feasts' – it has an underbelly of Roman Cookery but transported into the modern day Italian kitchen.

 

I said in my missive that that I was donating my royalties from my cookery book and my little novel The Unforgettable Affair to the Captain Tom Foundation for COVID and I thought it might give him a little diversion and cheer. The reply from his office is below"