Monday 22 June 2020

A statement from PC Chairman, Nic Brown


“I’m sure you are all aware by now that this morning saw the start of roadworks within the village to repair the surface of Crendon Road, one of the major approach roads to our village.

For some considerable time, the PC has been pressing Bucks Council to carry out these and other works. On Friday afternoon, we received the first formal notice that these works would actually commence on Monday morning but this was not accompanied by any details whatsoever on the practical issues of road closures and other issues which may affect ‘normal’ life in our community for the duration of the works, which are due to be completed by Friday 3rd July.

Needless to say, many of you will have experienced major frustrations as our village went into ‘lockdown’ this morning and I can only apologise for this.

I have been in touch with my contacts at the highest levels of Bucks Council to complain most bitterly about the management of the works’ programme thus far, and I have also requested confirmation of the exact scope of the works as this has not been communicated to us either. I will report back as soon as I receive a response to my complaints.”